What is forensic data collection?
Forensic data collection is the collection of Electronically Stored Information (ESI) in a forensically sound manner that preserves key metadata.
Data Collection Options
ELIJAH’s certified team of computer examiners are trained to use industry leading software to:
- Identify the data to be preserved
- Collect Electronically Stored Information (ESI)
- Ensure that the ESI we have obtained during the collection process is identical to the original data by performing a computerized verification process
- Perform a detailed chain of custody to document and track our processes
- Store all collected ESI in a highly secure environment with an electronic access control system, allowing only designated ELIJAH personnel access to your data
- Create a forensic backup of all collected data prior to examination
ELIJAH’s data collection methodologies are verifiable and forensically sound maintaining evidentiary chain of custody. With increasing focus on evidence spoliation, utilizing ELIJAH for your data collection needs is a prudent investment that could reap significant rewards.
Our team performs these tasks with laser focus to avoid disruption to our clients’ normal business operations. We are available to work after hours, on weekends or around the clock. ELIJAH’s team has imaged thousands of computers and terabytes of server data in a matter of days without our clients missing a beat. Whether in person, remote or in our secure forensics lab, ELIJAH can meet the largest data collection demands on the tightest schedules.
Securing Data After Data Collection
After data collection, ELIJAH takes data security very seriously. We store all forensic collections in a highly secure environment. Our forensic lab has an electronic access control system that logs all entries by employee, and limits entry to forensic personnel. The forensic lab is monitored by security cameras, motion detectors and a 24/7 alarm service. Hiring ELIJAH means knowing your data is safely preserved and secured.