Many organizations expend tremendous resources keeping hackers from accessing corporate networks, but sometimes the greater risk to your information security comes from your own employees who already have full access. This could come in the form of outright theft or fraud, or even from simple inattentiveness. Engaging in appropriate data loss detection strategies could be the key to securing critical company data and minimizing the risk of undetected misuse of organizational data.
Experienced digital forensics experts can track the computer activity of outgoing employees and help avoid expensive data misappropriation incidents, assisting in a variety of scenarios:
- Theft: In their final days, employees often deliberately or inadvertently retain possession of client lists, trade secrets, and other important information. Digital forensic experts can track the computer activity of outgoing employees and help avoid expensive data misappropriation incidents.
- Fraud: Certain employees are predictably more likely to engage in fraud, embezzlement, and other types of misconduct. Experienced digital forensic experts can advise regarding risk management, helping prioritize who to investigate and prevent significant financial losses.
- Litigation: Employee misconduct, such as sexual harassment, discrimination, insider trading, or misuse of social media can plague any company. An appropriate data loss prevention program can deter such misconduct and greatly minimize the risk of costly litigation.
- Data Breach: Data breaches by outsiders can be embarrassing and financially debilitating. Data loss detection can be an arrow in the quiver of an effective information security program.
- Data Loss: Inadvertent deletion or loss of company data can hamper your ability to effectively conduct business. Digital forensic experts can assist in restoring and retrieving lost data.
ELIJAH has an expert digital forensics team that can uncover improper use and theft of company data, including through data loss detection. Rather than being purely defensive, maintaining outstanding data security practices can be a key marketing point and differentiator for your business, helping your enterprise attract and maintain customers and clients. Contact us today to find out more!