There are too many to list, but here are a few examples:
- Employees with access to sensitive data resigned, and you want to figure out if they took data with them to use at a new company.
- You are considering filing a lawsuit, and want help quickly gathering data to analyze your claims.
- You are a party to a lawsuit (or are an attorney representing a party), and need to collect evidence to comply with discovery obligations and help evaluate your case.
- Issues have arisen in litigation regarding the authenticity of electronically stored information, when files were created or accessed, whether evidence was deleted, or the operation of electronic storage devices/accounts.
- You need to take large volumes of data and figure out a way efficiently to identify key evidence.