ELIJAH data security proactively can help your organization identify and resolve potential vulnerabilities by performing penetration testing. Penetration testing comes in several shapes and sizes, and we can customize a solution to best meet your needs.
What is Penetration Testing?
It’s the process to identify security vulnerabilities in an application by evaluating the system or network with various malicious techniques. The weak points of a system are exploited in this process through an authorized simulated attack.
The purpose of this test is to secure important data from outsiders like hackers who can have unauthorized access to the system. Once the vulnerability is identified it is used to exploit the system in order to gain access to sensitive information.
Why would you need a penetration test
Financial or critical data often must be secured while transferring it between different systems or over the network.
- Many clients request pen testing as part of the software release cycle.
- To secure user data.
- To find security vulnerabilities in an application.
- To discover loop holes in the system.
- To assess the business impact of successful attacks.
- To meet the information security compliance in the organization.
- To implement effective security strategy in organization.
Penetration Testing Standards
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project)
- ISO/IEC 27002, OSSTMM (The Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual)
What can be tested?
Software (Operating system, services, application)
- End user behavior